Elder Parker Trey Beardall

Elder Parker Trey Beardall - Maryland Baltimore Mission

Thursday, October 5, 2017

Week 1

Hey everyone! This is my first email of many! There's so much but at the same time I can't remember any of it!

My companion's name is Elder Munden. In my district half of us are going to Maryland Baltimore and the other half is going to Cleveland Ohio.

The group picture of my district goes from left to right: Sister Page (Cleveland), Sister Conway (Baltimore), Sister Snell (Baltimore), Sister Benson (Baltimore), Elder Valenzuela (Cleveland), Elder Airmet (Cleveland), Elder Mowrer (Cleveland),  Elder Henwood (Cleveland), Elder Shaver (Baltimore), Elder Scorse (Baltimore), Me, Elder Munden (Baltimore).​

I have had a cold since the day I have been in the MTC which hasn't been fun. It's weird getting used to eating dinner at 4 in the afternoon as well. I'm used to eating dinner four hours later so usually I'm not hungry when it comes to dinner. We've had Papa Johns and Chick-fil-a and BYU creamery come and serve us which is pretty awesome.

Everyone says make it to Sunday and you'll make it through the rest of your mission. I have found this to be so true, The first week is horrible just because you're in a new place and it's nothing but meetings because you're new. The only thing that has help me is my companion and my awesome teacher Brother Welch who is a RM, who is so energetic I think he could power all of Provo with a stationary bike. Once you make it to the second week you start teaching investigators and its awesome. We teach in a place called the TRC. We teach investigators M-W-F-S and get new ones every week. Our investigator this week was Austin and he is awesome and always keeps his commitments.

It's crazy because we had a whole bunch of elders leave on our floor so they gave us their food so we have so much we started an Elders Storehouse. 

They keep you busy here, when we're not in class or teaching we're studying or eating. The only time we have a break is half hour before bed to write in our journals and get ready for bed.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 106!

Wow... It has flown by! I cannot believe how quick it has gone. 2 years, 106 weeks, 741 days. I wouldn't trade it for the world. It has...